SAN, FCIArb(UK), FIMC, Life Bencher
Founder | Principal Partner
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), 2018-2019
- Harvard Law School – 2014
- Nigerian Law School – 1990-1991
- Lagos State University – 1987-1990
- Kwara State College of Technology, Ilorin – 1984-1986
- Oyo State College of Arts and Science, Ile-Ife, Osun State – 1981-1983
- Iwo Grammar School, Iwo Osun State – 1979-1981
- Ibadan Christ Apostolic Grammar School, Ibadan – 1976-1979
- Children Home School Molete, Ibadan – 1968-1975
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), 2019
- Life Bencher
- Senior Advocate of Nigeria, 2015
- Notary Public
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK (in view)
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK
- Barrister at Law (B.L.), Nigerian Law School, 1991
- Bachelor of Laws, LL.B (Hons), LASU, 1990
The National Centre for State Courts
- Nigerian Rule of Law Assistance Project in conjunction with USAID (2003) – Ethics training for Court employees
- Nigerian rule of law Assistance Project in conjunction with USAID (2004) Advanced Case- Management training workshop
- Nigerian rule of law Assistance Project in conjunction with USAID (2005) – Alternative Dispute Resolution Workshop
The Abuja Multi-Door Court House, Abuja In conjunction with the Security, Justice and Growth Programme and NBA Abuja Branch and British Council – Legal Community Workshop (2007)
The Abuja Multi-Door Courthouse, Abuja In Conjunction with the High Court of Justice, Abuja (2006) – Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanism within the High Court Judicial process.
Law Quest Continuing Legal Education In conjunction with Alpha Juris (2008)
- Workshop on Electricity Law, a Practical Guide to negotiating and drafting of power purchase agreements.
- Communication skills for Lawyers (2007)
- Understanding the Nigerian Investment Promotion Act (2007)
- Drafting Basic entertainment contracts (2007)
- Explaining the admissibility of documentary evidence with decided cases (2007)
- Practice and procedures relating to the unbundling of Public Enterprise in Nigeria. (2007)
- Mastering the essential skills of negotiation 2007
- Construction law-negotiating and drafting a Typical Road Concession Agreement 2007.
- Practical guide on drafting of pleadings in libel matter 2007
- Oil and Gas law – A practical guide on laws, practice and procedures relating to doing business in the oil and gas sub-sector (2007)
- Sports law – Laws and contracts relating to football (2008)
- Solid Minerals – Laws, practice and procedures relating to mining business in Nigeria (2008).
- Laws, practice and procedures relating to Insurance Business in Nigeria (2008).
- A synoptic guide on enforcement of Judgments outside jurisdiction (2008).
- Synoptic guide on laws, practice and procedures relating to airline Business in Nigeria (2008).
- Ownership and commencement of Maritime business in Nigeria (2008)
- Guide on laws, practice and procedures on Consumer Protection (2009).
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Commercial Law (2009)
- Laws, Practices and Procedures relating to Investment at the free trade and Export processing free zones (2009).
High Court of Justice Abuja – End users refresher course on FCT High Court Civil Procedure Rules (2010)
Inter-Governmental Action Group against money laundering in West Africa (GIABA) – Sensitization workshop for Money Service Businesses (MSB’s) March, 2009
Federal Ministry of Justice – National Sensitization Workshop on a sustainable National Policy on Witness Protection.
UNICEF – Workshop on Child Rights Act (2007).
IBA Litigation Committee (Maimi USA) (2005) – When money disappear – Response, Recovery and Regulation.
USA Embassy Seminar 2007 – Bridging the gap: Education, Education USA
National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) – Enforcement of Environmental Laws, Regulations and Standards for the Judicial and Law Enforcement agencies
The High Court of Justice FCT 2008 – Seminar on the running and working of Fast Track Courts.
Gas to Power (G2P) Integrated Project (World Bank Assisted Project – Implementation and impact analysis of the Gas Pricing Policy
NBA-MacArthur Foundation Project 2010-2012 – Six training workshops in six pilot states in the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria
Consultant Investment Promoter to the Nigerian Investment Promotion Council.
Doing business in Nigeria (a paper presented on Investment opportunities in Nigeria to the Business/Investment delegation from Australia in 2009)
Investment Regulations and Incentives for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Nigeria (a paper presented to the Business/Investment delegation from the Republic of Ireland to Nigerian in 2009).
Member, Nigeria Presidential Business delegation to France. (Coordinated by the Federal Government of Nigeria) (2007)
Member, Nigerian Presidential Business delegation to Brazil (Coordinated by the Federal Government of Nigeria) (2008).
Member, Federal Government of Nigeria Trade Mission to South Africa (2008).
NBA Abuja Branch in conjunction with Law Union of England Wales.
Practices and procedures of Nigerian Laws in relations to International Commercial transactions.
NBA Abuja Branch in conjunction with Alliance for Credible Election (ACE)
Workshop on 2007 General Elections.
Consumer Protection Council – Be an Active Consumer
NBA Abuja Branch in conjunction with INTERSERVE NETWORKS (2008) – Advanced Research methods for Legal Practitioners using e-law Library solutions.
USA Embassy Public Affairs Section Abuja (2007) Digital Video Conferencing (DVC) with Judge Daine Wood, Professor of the University of Chicago and former Judge of the United States Court of Appeal of the Seventh Circuit – Judicial Corruption and Reforms.
National Industrial Court Public presentation on:
- National Industrial Court Act 2006
- National Industrial Court Rules 2007
- Digest of Judgments of National Industrial Court (1978-2006)
- Secretary, NBA Abuja Branch
- Chairman, NBA Abuja Branch
- General Secretary Nigeria Bar Association, National
- Member, Board of Trustees Abuja Multi-Door Courthouse
- Member, FCT Judicial Service Committee Abuja
- Member, FCT Land Use Allocation Committee
- Chairman, FCT Judicial Service Committee Personnel Management Board
- Member, Governing Council of The University of Benin
- Member Body of Benchers of Nigeria
- Member General Council of the Bar
- Member NBA Disciplinary Committee
- Trustee, Practice, Support and Development Initiative
- Secretary, NBA National Headquarters Building Committee
- Member, National Executive Committee NBA 2002-till date
- NEC Representative NBA Abuja Branch 2008
- Council Member, Abuja Chamber of Commerce, Mines and Agriculture (ABUCCIMA)
- Council Member, University of Benin
- Commissioner/Board Member Federal Judicial Service Committee
- Member, Bar Issues Commission, International Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association, Section on Business Law.
– Maritime and Transport Law Committee
– Banking Law
– Insolvency and Creditors’ Right
– Intellectual Property and Entertainment
– International Franchising
- Member, Section on Business Law, Nigeria Bar Association
- Member, Section on Public interest and Development law
- Member, Local Organizing Committee Annual Bar Conference Abuja 2004
- Member, Local Organizing Committee Annual Bar Conference Abuja 2008
- Alternate Chairman, Continuing Legal Education Committee 2006-2008
- Member, Bar Bench Forum 2002 till date
- Member, Elders and Past Chairman Committee, NBA Abuja Branch 2006 till date
- Secretary, Welfare Committee NBA Abuja Branch
- Alternate Chairman, First Annual Law Lecture Series NBA Abuja Branch 2010.
- Chairman, Accreditation Committee NEC Meeting Abuja 2006
- Member, Committee on the framework for the Policy and guidelines applicable for grant in respect of various land uses.
- Member, Committee for the standardization of land application requirements.
- Member, Inter-Governmental Action Group against Money Laundering in West Africa (GIABA)
- Nigeria Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Commonwealth Lawyers Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators (London)
- Juris Cradle (A society for the propagation of Excellence in the legal profession)
- Red Cross Society
- Abuja Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (ABUCCIMA)
- Partner, Project 2010 (Gains Consult)
- Trustee, Practice, Development and Support Initiative
- Abuja Jazz Club
- Member, Chartered Institute of Mediator and Conciliators
- International Bar Conferences – 2002 till date
- NBA Annual Bar Conference – 1991 till date
- Pan African Lawyers Conference – Abuja Nigeria 2005
- Section on Legal Practice Conference – Abuja Nigeria 2007
- Commonwealth Lawyers Conference – Abuja Nigeria 2010
- Section on Business Law Annual Conference from inception till date.
- International Bar Association African Regional Conference Lagos, Nigeria.
Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association, Abuja Branch 2002-2004
- Introduced Electronic Circulation of notices of meeting, agenda and minutes.
- Support and co-operate with the Chairman and other Exco members
- Ran the Secretariat at no cost to the Association
- Host reception party for NEC members at the NEC meeting in Abuja 2006
Chairman, Accreditation Committee NEC Meeting Abuja 2005
- Introduced on the spot registration and instant production of tags at the registration point.
- Introduced the complimentary NEC members assistance group tagged “Ask Me”
- Ran the Accreditation Committee activities and services at no cost to the association.
Alternate Chairman, Committee on Continuing Legal Education, Abuja Branch (Unity Bar) 2004-2006
- Organisation of various workshops and lectures for members of NBA Abuja Branch.
Chairman, Nigerian Bar Association, Abuja Branch 2006-2008
- Repositioned Abuja branch as a Frontline Branch
- Hosted and designed the Branch Website: www.nbaabuja.com
- Improved welfare assistance to members of the Branch.
- In conjunction with the Alpha Juris Consult, ensured Continuing Legal Education of at least 50 members, free of charge every two months for the two year tenure as Chairman.
- Organized several training programmes in conjunction with the Abuja Multi-Door Courthouse, Industrial Court and the High Court of the FCT for the Continuing Legal Education of members.
- Championed the downward review of land charges in the FCT.
- Applied on behalf of the Nigerian Bar Association for land in the Institutional Zone of the FCT for the construction of its National Headquarters.
- Financial empowerment of at least 100 members by recommending them as a Legal resource persons for the review of Election cases to the Electoral Law Review Committee
- Enhanced the relationship between the Bar and the Bench
- Continuing Legal Education lecture at every Branch meeting
- Acquisition of a Brand new High Roof Hiace 22 Seat bus for the Branch and fully paid.
- Left the account of the branch in substantial credit
- Set up a trust/interest yielding account of N5,000,000 (Five Million Naira Only) dedicated towards the building of the Bar Centre
- Interaction with the Law Union of England and Wales
- Pro bono representation for indigent members of the society in conjunction with the National Human Right Commission
- Actively involved in the organization of NBA Section on Business Law Conferences.
- Training programmes organized for members in conjunction with the United Nations Organisation, USAID, European Union, UNODC etc
- On appointment as FCT Judicial Service Committee Member, being instrumental to the appointment of 15 members to the Lower bench.
- Also instrumental to the appointment of several members of the Bar into the Judicial Service of the FCT.
- Institutionalizing the balancing of interest and Federal Character in process of allocation of land in the FCT.
- Coordinator, NBA Election Monitoring Committee for FCT 2007.
- Constitution of the Bar Policy Forum.
- Monthly legal clinic, counseling and welfare visits to Kuje Prisons.
- Represented the President of NBA at the inaugural meeting of the Committee on the review of the 1999 Constitution.
- Establishment of NBA Abuja Branch Court Monitoring Committee for the FCT High Courts and Magistrate Courts.
- Represented the NBA Abuja Branch at the official signing of the agreement on the grant of $500,000 by the World Bank for the Legal Education capacity building project.
- Hosted the NEC members to a welcome party at the NEC Meeting of May 2006.
5) General Secretary, Nigeria Bar Association, National 2010 – 2012
- Produced a comprehensive digital database of all the lawyers called to the Nigerian Bar from inception till date.
- Introduced and produced detailed recording techniques and report documentation for the NBA NEC Meetings and Annual General Conferences.
- Successfully planned and organised two annual general conferences, two criminal justices conferences and other major events during his tenure.
- Entered into successful international collaboration with the MacArthur Foundation, Advocats Sans Frontiers (Lawyers Without Borders), American Bar Association, etc on various legal issues.
- Completed the move into the permanent site, now called the NBA House with top of the range facilities and a good library